Pages

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Snuggly snood

IMG_1807IMG_1810

Oh dear I really am getting worse instead of better. I have loads to blog about but do I ? No! No wonder I lost a few followers.

I have been busy making. I am at a craft fair on Saturday and will be sharing my makes with you just as soon as I have photographed them. The above pictures are of my latest thingy. Its basically a long scarf that I then joined into a loop. They are all over in the shops here in the UK. This time last year we had a major freeze (my pipes burst do you remember?) So I got myself all organised. Scarf that covers neck and head, grippy boots, new gloves. Alas we are in the grips of excessive mildness. The pattern that I used has since been removed although I still have it in my ravelry library as a pdf. I can tell you how I did it if you are interested.I used 4 ply yarn.

Here in the UK we are having a day of industrial action by the public sector workers over pay and pensions so I am entertaining my son who I am particular friends with after an excellent parents evening and an even better baking session where he made chocolate orange bakewell style tart (part of an invention test for GCSE hospitality and catering) He has orange rind in the pastry, a layer of orange marmalade on the bottom of the tart case and a chocolate topping. Its beautiful, just like him.

IMG_1817

6 comments:

  1. I love the snood! I would love to know how you did it when you have a moment to share it! I too am doing a craft fair on Saturday - I am a Craft Fair Virgin as this will be my very first one so if you have any tips they will be gratefully received. Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely lad, I do love a man that can bake and if they knit too that is even better. Thankfully my teenager has 'turned a corner' he has been making good choices for a good few months and is much nicer to be with and is doing loads better at school...they have to keep us on our toes! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. I work as food technician at a high school, and am afraid our current year 11s are finding it difficult to even be bothered to follow a recipe. Encourage himto carry on experimenting, that's how new dishes are made.
    The scarf looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful snood! My son used to love baking too... and now he is a chef! Hurrah! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 'snood' and was disappointed that I couldn't find it on Ravelry. Would love to know how it's made. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to hear all is well - I also do not seem to have time to write about any of the making I do achieve. And although it is awfully late I am catching up with blogs whilst waiting to finish off the rainbow cake for the small person who is 5 tomorrow.
    looking forward to seeing your makes and hope the craft fair goes well. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails