Pages

Friday 25 March 2011

Quiet Riot

 

IMG_1061

 

Thank you all so much for the kind words regarding my new (slow burner) project. I wanted to show more but I was a little behind. Basically I found this pattern on ravelry and it works best if you use variegated yarns hence my choice of riot which I bought for £3.26 Here. The colours and feel are a lot like Noro and it does have some natural fibre in so I am well pleased with it.

The pattern says to use 2 different balls but I think that you could use 2 balls of the same colour if you started in different places. One ball is the fat row and the other is the thinner borders. You set off not knowing where the yarn will take you. This is not for the control freak (I have struggled a few times to really love the combos) This is one of those projects that you have to be loose about and wait for the end because no matter what it comes together fabulously in the end. The pattern says to make 6 squares but I may do more. I particularly like the fact that the squares are put together, vertically and horizontally. OOO I am proper excited about this one, its a plodder so no big rush, it will be my autumn snuggling blanket.

IMG_1062

Just been on Ravelry searching crochet patterns “What's hot now”, Guess what I found on page 16? My granny shawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so made up.

Happy weekend to you all and an especial welcome to new faces!!! I am approaching 100 followers which I could not have conceived of when I started out.  New tutorial for next time so be sure and pop by.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this blankie idea! It looks awesome! Sounds like a great project for taking your time with... enjoying the process as well as the finished result.

    And congrats about your granny shawl - you are so hot right now! ;-)

    Caz from Never Knew :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very pretty the pattern and the yarn are a great match. I have frogged my latest project three times so far, so have nothing to show. I may photograph the beautiful ball of yarn in the sunshine. I have linked to another blog in my latest blog post as there is a fantastic yarn and fibre 'give away' you shouldn't miss :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just finished my shawl too Louise after a year!
    This is looking really good.
    I'm so pleased you are enjoying it!
    Hugs suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I L♥VE the colours of your shawl!!!! That Riot yarn is amazing.... Can't wait to see the finished item.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails